It got me thinking, I should probably start documenting our trips. There could be some good Georgia Tech Climbing history going on here. Plus, with the onset of enthusiastic newcomers Coker and Marina... I was thinking there's something worth documenting here.
The morning started off chilly, and we thought we were off to a great start. Coker made some good moves on Art of the Vogi, which in my opinion is FANTASTIC since this was his first time outdoors (he's been climbing for 1 month). After spending about 2 hours in the front area, we realized we had better split up. So Jeremy Savor and I headed over to The Sternum Area. Jeremy sent A Face in the Crowd first go that day, which was exciting given the temperatures were rising fast into the 60s.
Jeremy on Face in the Crowd (V7)
Also, we both took a few burns on the nearby Grimace (V8). I made a couple moves after the nasty pinch (which felt surprisingly solid) on the 3rd layer. I love the moves on it and am hoping it will go before Jonathan and I head off to Europe this summer. And yes, I know slopers and bouldering in the southern hot heat don't go well. But hopefully it will go anyway! :)
Afterward, Ben Tsui, Jeremy, and I headed over to the Cleopatra boulder. I was originally headed over there to scope out Cinderella (V7) and The Pinch (V7). I hadn't seen either of one up close before and wanted to see if I could make any moves at all on them. Thankfully, Ben convinced me to try Cleopatra instead. I don't really remember the reasoning. But suddenly Jeremy and I found ourselves projecting Cleopatra instead of what we came there for. The movement is fantastic! The crux for me was definitely deadpointing the little crimp out the the left. I found that if I hit it just a little off, I would peel right off. But once I stuck it and got my feet over, I had the send. Sooooo exciting!!! My very first V8 outdoors! Tsui got footage of the send so hopefully we can see that sometime in the near future.
Me on Cleopatra (V8)

No comments:
Post a Comment