It was a really good day for me. After about 5 goes, I managed to get Sherman Photo Roof, V7. It was really cool because I figured out some neat beta for super short people (5ft and under, yo). I loved the moves and the rock felt amazing yesterday. And I had pesto pasta for lunch. Delish.
I also managed to send Helicopter Traverse (my first V9). Or is it Helicopter Sit? I think people confuse the two since they aren't on the Dr. Topo and there's no guidebook for Rocktown yet (though yesterday they were taking pictures for a future guidebook). Anyway, since Mountain Project called the sequence that I completed "Helicopter Traverse," that is what I'm calling what I sent.
I'm happy we got it documented (that never happens) and have no qualms about the camera angle being "less than optimal." Thanks to Conces for video taping the final cut. And to Dallas for taping my previous attempts (failure can also be found on my vimeo.)
Helicopter Traverse from Allison Hwang on Vimeo.
![]() |

No comments:
Post a Comment