Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Clemson Orangepoint 2012: CCS Southeast #3

It's taken me a while to update since the last couple of weeks have been incredibly busy. I finally left my internship, moved to Brookhaven with Jonathan, and am trying my damnest to finish my thesis.

The Clemson Orangepoint Comp took place on March 3rd, about 10 days ago. The format was 1 boulder problem, 1 route, and 3 of your choice. I'll be honest. I was skeptical of the format as I think it's hard to say "my 4 routes and 1 boulder problem makes me a better climber than you, with your 4 boulder problems and 1 route." I still feel that way. But the problems were so much fun, it didn't really bother me once I started climbing. A few of the climbs were definitely out of my reach (pun intended), but with so many problems, it wasn't difficult to find 5 problems to climb. As a matter of fact, I think I sent about 8 or 9 problems. All in all, I thought it was a great comp... definitely lots of fun. My only qualm was that the whole damn thing lasted over 12 hours!!!

Georgia Tech did great, but I think Georgia Southern came in as a dark horse and dominated as a team. With a little more perseverance, hopefully we can do the same in the next two Southeast CCS comps.

Working crimps (Photo credit: Sean Green)

Locking off for the purple block (Photo credit: Steve Hickson)


Results here:

Overall male scores
Overall female scores

No comments:

Post a Comment