I had a rough start with the warm ups we did. I guess I was surprised at how I couldn't reach some of the holds to the warm ups and had to figure out wonky beta. Yeap, no V1 flashes for this girl. Afterward, we sauntered over to Turkish Resin. I had tried it 2 years ago out of curiosity when I was climbing mostly V3s. Then, I couldn't reach the first hold after the starting holds. Now, I still can barely reach it. I found that by toe-ing in at the start, I could push myself out and grab onto the first hold, but not without plopping right back on my back in the same instance. Jonathan, however made some great progress and is just looking to string the moves together.
Right after, we went and checked out The Vagina. I made good moves all the way to before the "potato chip" hold. But I can't figure out how to hit it with the beta I'm using. So maybe another day.
We then went over to Nosecandy and Sherman Photo Roof. I got some good beta for Nosecandy from a girl who had worked Turkish Resin with us. The only difficult part was me dynoing to the jug on top and hitting it. 3rd go and it was mine. :) Jonathan got it right after me! This is the first V6 that we've both gotten together. Every V6 he's done, I haven't done and vice versa!
Jonathan on Nose Candy, V6
I tried Sherman Photo Roof following that, but Hal's beta didn't work for me. He's got more than a foot on me! So after playing around with different beta, I found some beta that will work great next time we go back.
First burn on Sherman Photo Roof, V7
We then followed Hal to the Comet boulder which I sat down and ate amazing spinach dip and watched Jonathan flash Standard's Variation Direct. After which, we headed over to Helicopter. I watched Jonathan and Hal work it for a while and was skeptical about trying it. But after much consideration and sussing out beta, I decided to hop on it. And flashed it unexpectedly. I will say that I used different feet and a different order of the holds than them... which resulted in me not "helicopter-ing." Hehe.
Hal fighting the spin on Helicopter, V6
The best part of the day was pitching the tent and having a Christian service group invite us to their leftover hotdogs. Yum. And perfect for the end of the day.
Today, Jonathan and I woke up at 8am and dragged our feet to meet Tech kids at LRC. We left Rocktown at 9am, got lost, found ourselves, and arrived at LRC around 11. >_<
I didn't sent anything today. However, I did get to witness Cory sent his first V7 (Redhouse) ever! Exciting!
Cory on Redhouse, V7
Afterward, Cory and I went to look at The Chronic. Turns out alot of the moves are a tiny bit reachy for me. And instead of making 2 hard moves to the jug... I make 5 moves before the jug. It's necessary to set me up to throw for the jug... which I have yet to reach. In full lock-off mode holding on to the sloper, I'm several inches away. I'm optimistic that it will go next time. Even with weather similar to today's 80-degree heat.
If not, then I'm optimistic I will get Grimace next time. I actually got to the topout of Grimace today. And dropped from the top. I hung on to the top as long as I could trying to figure out beta, but I just couldn't hold onto it that long. I'm incredibly psyched I got to the top today though. All the moves felt spectacular and easy up until that point. Even with the summer heat wave slowly approaching!
Anyway, next week is Southern Sendfest. We will be driving down to Georgia Southern to represent Georgia Tech! Can't wait and am psyched to send some plastic in air-conditioned space. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment