Monday, May 23, 2011

Barcelona Climbing Tunnel

On May 21st, Jonathan and I went to "the tunnel." We initially planned to check out the tunnel, warm up a bit, and then wanted to climb at the newly opened Climbat Barcelona gym (located next to the tunnel). However, when we got to the Climbat gym and realized that a day pass with harness rentals would net at about 60 USD... we decided that traversing the tunnel beat rope climbing that day.

The right side of Climbat Barcelona (ropes only)

Jonathan traversing the tunnel the first time

Traversing the bottom left side of the tunnel

Traversing was more difficult than I imagined... most of the foot holds were so greasy, Jonathan and I were fighting to keep our feet from sliding off. Neither of us made it from the end-to-end of the tunnel. However... Mystical Man did. I don't have a picture of him, but imagine a demigod looking man with long flowing blonde hair and muscles so defined, his underarmour wear looked like it was his skin. He traverses the whole tunnel 10 times and doesn't feel tired. That is Mystical Man.

The next day, we decided to return to the tunnel. It was much better this time as I was able to traverse from end-to-end as well as back before deciding to hop off. I'm not sure if it was because we were there earlier in the morning or if it was an On day. Maybe a little of both. Jonathan made up a bunch of little problems that some Barcelona climbers ended up climbing with him (since we didn't have rope).

At the end of the day, we capped off our Barcelona trip with a visit to the singing fountain at Placa Espanya.


No comments:

Post a Comment