Monday, October 24, 2011

The Cursed Crag Cat

Yesterday at Stone Fort/LRC, we met Crag Cat. This is Crag Cat.



Crag Cat had an eventful day. First off, he met us at Redhouse. We didn't see it, but I'm sure Crag Cat pushed Jonathan off the top of Redhouse Extension at the last move. Super sure it was him. After Crag Cat left, I gave Spank the Baby several burns. And by lucky chance, was finally able to not dab/kick my spotters and the tree behind me. When Crag Cat returned, he gave Dallas a shove or two off Redhouse. Both walked away with no sends at Redhouse thanks to Crag Cat. 


Jonathan on Redhouse (attempting the extension V8)

Dallas on Redhouse V7

So we were like "why are you doing this Crag Cat?" And it turned out he was just hungry and lonely. So after Marina and Radhika fed the stray (probably has rabies) and cuddled with him, his evil ways subsided. Yeah right, he probably thought he had us under mind control since every time he begged, Marina and Radhika couldn't help but cradle and feed him. I wish I were Crag Cat.
Anyway, next stop... Now and Zen! We met some kid named AJ. Crag Cat put a voodoo curse on him since he wasn't as loving as our ladies. He left Now and Zen without getting the send and forgot a Solution shoe. We still have yet to track him down. Conces was working Now and Zen with us, but Crag Cat kept "falling and getting stuck" in the crevasse so Conces was lured away from the climb constantly in order to save Crag Cat.
Conces: "I don't need a girlfriend. All I need is climbing and cats."
Yes, Conces. That's why cat ladies exist. Probably a voodoo-cat thing.
Took me about 6-7 tries to figure out good beta on Now and Zen for my short stubby self. I ended up going to a thumb catch crimp on the first move instead of the chalky hold. It's super bomber and everyone should use it if they have an impenetrable strong right thumb. My right thumb got a hole. 

The bomber thumb catch/crimp on Now and Zen V7

Little people use unchalked holds

On the 7th try, I fell from attempting to dyno to the top jug. Not within my reach unless I develop Inspector Gadget arms. So Jonathan gave me some super "short" beta and I got the send. Yay yay yay yay yay yay yay.

About at this time, Crag Cat was circling Tsui and probably cursed him too because he kept getting spit off the rock (I doubt it's because Tsui is allergic to cats...)

Ben hitting the jug on Now and Zen V7
After Crag Cat left with the some of our group to Galaxy 5000, Ben got the send. Go figure. 
Next, Ben and I went to go work on this mantle V7 he had worked on a long time ago. Special Agent. It was super cool and we both were able to "almost" fully stand up. Next time. This thing is tough on the wrist and we capped it off a just a handful of burns. Need stronger wrists.
At the end of the day, after another group took to Crag Cat, Conces was able to nail Spryo Gyro, his first V7. Ben also got the send twice, doing it both the left and right way. Marina was also able to send Pocket Pool and make lots of moves on the Big Much (didn't top since she only had 1 pad). Jonathan lost his LRC book at the last place we saw Crag Cat (Now and Zen). However, we found out later Forrest's brother took the guide book home with him. Also Crag Cat's fault.

Conces gets Spyro Gyro V7

Ben dodges Dallas's flowing brown locks.

Anyway, what I'm getting at is... next time you go to LRC... beware of Crag Cat. He looks friendly. But is cursed. Probably.

1 comment: