This past weekend, about 10 of us from GT Climbing went down to HP40 for some fall break climbing. We had a great group with the addition of 2 new freshmen, Forrest the Chattanoogan hipster and Max.
Jonathan had a great weekend and sent all of his projects pretty much "1st go." The trip was almost a blurr for him since all his projects went down so fast, while I got worked mostly this weekend.
Jonathan on Hammerhead (V5)
Night bouldering was also super fun, even though we were mostly goofing off. Carlin got Genesis (V3?) and Jonathan got pretty close as well. After that, we fooled around making our own V2 climbs. One of which Carlin named "Wrath of the Horse [sensored] 40," V2. Of course, I got the FFA on that. ;)
After some good ol' night bouldering, we all gathered around a campfire for some hot dogs and S'mores. Courtesy of Max.
I was able to repeat Redneck (V6) first go this time with some awkwardly sequenced beta. But I was psyched because all the semi-dynamic moves I used last HP40 trip to get the send, I was able to get completely statically this time. I also worked on Short Long (V7) and was able to make all the moves on the problem (topped it out twice), but I haven't been able to piece it together from the beginning. It's just too tiring! Can't wait to go back in a few weeks though! I know I'm getting close to checking it off my Super Awesome Climbs Ticklist. LRC/Stone Fort this coming weekend!!!!
The Ally Beta

No comments:
Post a Comment