On Thursday, a handful of us went to the Reel Rock Tour. It was really good, though I'll say the Skandy closer (or shall I say Standy... don't think the guy is the brightest) wasn't as epic as the Ueli Steck closer from last year. Still good, however.
Of course I love, love, loved the Obe and Ashima film. Ashima is adorable and Obe's climbing career was really well told. I think that short was just all around charming. The Dawn Wall project with Tommy Caldwell and Kevin Jorgeson was also really, really good. My favorite line was Tommy Caldwell's "I need stronger thumbs."
High Country did an awesome job hosting the event and we even walked away with a few freebies (TNF water bottle, Vibram FiveFingers coaster, TNF chapstick, and some random skiing DVD).
Here's a couple from the smile booth.
On Saturday, Jonathan, Marina, and I volunteered to be judges at the Stone Summit Annual Crushville Comp. It was super exciting and I think they did an awesome job with the comp. While disheartening because I was unable to climb... it was really inspiring watching people of all ages crush problems of all levels. We didn't take too many pictures since it's hard to judge and take pics at the same time. :(
In the end, Sumner placed 2nd in Recreational Women; Carlin placed 3rd in Advanced Men; Jeremy placed 7th in Advanced Men; and Francesca got the highest overall female score. The Dallas and Conces rivalry ended with Conces placing 14th and Dallas placing 13th in Advanced Men. So close! Haha.
You can find the rest of the pics on the GT Climbing page on facebook.
| 7:30am before the registration crowd came in. |
| Lieblick (brilliant man) points out Carlin's back looks like an owl here! |
| Chilling, waiting on results. |


No comments:
Post a Comment