Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Joby- Seeing Red Photo Contest (Not Climbing Related)

It's Tuesday. And here I am at home with a screwy calf muscle leftover from the Float the Boat Comp. I'm a little worried as the first CCS comp is this weekend. However, there's not that can get me down (except the incorrect hospital invoices that I keep getting for my operation last September.)

So a couple weeks ago, I entered a Facebook photo contest by Joby (the company that makes Gorillapod). The theme was "Red." So participants were supposed to submit a photo of what they thought of when they think of red... or submit a rad red photo.


A couple of summers ago, Jonathan and I went over to Rob's house to slackline over his pool. At the end of the day, they ended up playing ping pong and leaning up against his dad's vintage convertible MG. Lucky me, I had my Nikon D40 and my clutch amateur photography skills on hand that day.

And while I didn't win, I was very psyched to have been one of their selected favorites (amongst photographers with skills way beyond my capabilities.)



Their HTML email with my picture as a thumbnail. This is probably the closest I've been to famous. For sure. Hahaha.



To see the other entries and the winners, click here: Seeing Red Photo Contest – Joby Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment