To pull this off, I've decided to make a list of climbs to work on. The list is compiled of (hopefully feasible) climbs I've been avoiding because I've hit a hard section that prevents me from sending or because in the past I thought I had no chance of getting it. Optimistically thinking, if I can scratch 30% of the climbs off this list, I will consider it a successful resolution.
Some ground rules:
1) Big-move climbs (BMCs) are those that require me to deadpoint, dyno, or be at "bear hug" full extension.
2) The climb only needs to have 1 instance of a big move to be considered a BMC.
3) If I cheat the climb and use crappy intermediates to get the send, it is no longer considered a BMC and will be removed from the list.
| Bear hug big moves on McBain! (Photo credit: Jonathan Hung) |
I should probably mention right now that some of the climbs on my new list are a bit "shooting for the stars." But, I don't care. You never know if you don't try hard. And if I do end up "cheating" the climb, at least now I will have done the climb whereas in the past I wouldn't have even tried it.
The temporary BMC tick list:
Lost Digits (V3), Boat Rock
Pizza Before Cake (V5), Boat Rock
Roadside Throw (V5/6), Boat Rock
Dragon Lady (V4), LRC
Mystery Groove (V4), LRC (OK, I've done this one before, but I should probably do it again...)
Rage (V5), LRC
Galaxy5000 (V5), LRC
Manute Bol (V6), LRC
The Wave (V6), LRC
The Hulk (V6), LRC
Tennessee Thong (V7), LRC
Celestial Mechanics (V7), LRC
Instinct (V7), LRC
Spyro Gyro (V7), LRC
Redhouse (V7), LRC (this is a very hard climb if you're 5'0!)
Castaway (V7), LRC
The Scoop (V3), Rocktown
Standard's Variation Direct (V5), Rocktown
Tunnel Vision (V6), Rocktown
Genesis (V3), HP40
Walrus in a Blender (V5), Hueco Tanks
Will update when I encounter, think of, or see a climb that belongs on the above list. And if anyone can think of more V3-6s that can go on here, let me know because that would be awesome.
No comments:
Post a Comment